Friday, September 12, 2008

Chugga Chugga

Since my "No TV" experiment, our time spent at home involves lots of playing, and I decided Noah needed a new toy. Last time we visited Grammy's house, Noah loved the train table in the playroom. I have been thinking about buying him his own train and tracks for a while now, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money, and I didn't want to go train crazy. I have been eyeing the choices for a while now, and today I found the perfect set at Toy R Us.

My First Railway by Brio. Ages 1-1/2+. They had me at the packaging. Very cute! What do you think, Uncle PNut?

Here is Noah playing trains. Don't be mislead by the photos. He spent very little time actually chugga chugga-ing on the tracks. He pretty much picked his favorite two trains. Red and blue., the colors he knows, and he took off with them. He pretty much carried them around the rest of the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow, he will be a little more interested in the tracks. Overall, I think they were a hit.

P.S. - I am not kidding about the color thing. He is pretty consistent in choosing red and blue toys to play with. Daddy taught Noah red while in Naples, so lately it has been mostly red. Here is a cute picture from this morning. Notice the red block.