Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Noah!

What a year! You spent 99.9% of year number two living in the sunshine state. About a month into your second year, you started running. I am sure you walked at some point before that, but it was so brief that it's barely worth a mention. Your teeth finally decided to grow and you went from 2 to 16. Your feet continue to grow and grow (you can thank your Momma for that), and you closed out your 2nd year wearing a 9.5 extra wide. However, you pretty much tolerate crocs which is fine by me because they keep you at a slower and more cautious pace. Although our OTs tend to take issue to this theory.

You spent half your second year being carted from therapy to therapy. At 18 months, you said zero words and now at 2, you have tons of words in your arsenal although you tend to be very selective on how and when you use them. Most often you can be heard saying, "ready, set, gggooo," and counting to ten. You are getting better at following directions and have been known to clean up, share, and when the mood strikes. You have decided to start throwing tantrums when you don't get your way, but they are usually very brief. I'm happy to know you don't hold a grudge.

You are such a sweet boy, and I love seeing your personality emerge. I really feel you are on the verge of that explosion of language, and I can't wait to see it. I can tell you've got a lot going on in that little head of yours. You remind me a lot of your Daddy.

I think this year I've definitely earned my Mommy badge. We spent a lot of time just the two of us. We explored a new city together. We went to Disney 5 times. We had a lot of fun during a pretty tough year. I love you so much sweet boy, and I am really looking forward to all the new adventures waiting to have in year number three. But, if I am being honest, I'm really looking forward to finally being able to stop counting in months. Math is so not my thing.

Here is year number two in pictures.

12 months

13 months

14 months

15 months

16 months

17 months

18 months

19 months

20 months

21 months

22 months



23 months

4 comments:

Blair said...

Happy birthday Noah!! Congrats on all your accomplishments this year!

Wow! Two! That means Frannie will be two soon. Where oh where does the time go?

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Noah!!!
Wow, Sarah, the difference from 12 months to 23 months is truly amazing! He looks like he's ready to go off to college!!!
Wishing you all the best this year Noah:)

Care said...

I'm so proud of Noah and all of his accomplishments! Love you guys. Happy Birthday

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Noah! Welcome to the two's! Can't wait to see you guys when you move back to Texas!