For a child that doesn't actually communicate verbally, Noah never... NEVER... stops talking. If there is not a sip or a snack in his mouth, there is constant stream of words coming out. And, sometimes, if I am lucky, I can actually understand what he is saying.
Tonight while I was tossing grapes in the air and catching them in my mouth, Noah said, "Uh oh. Spaghetti-O's" when I missed and a grape fell on the floor. Not sure he knows what a spaghetti-o is, but I do know he got that saying from me.
****
He is into labeling everything as Momma's. He reaches for my watch off the bathroom sink, "Momma's clock" He grabs my huge Sonic diet coke off the counter, brings it to me and says, "Momma's drink."
****
He counts to 10 in Spanish. I have no idea where he picked this up from, but I mentioned it to one of the administrators at his preschool. She said that Noah does have a bilingual little girl in his class, so one of the teacher's sometimes speaks to her in Spanish. During art this week, his teacher started talking to Noah in Spanish, labeling colors. We'll have to wait and see if his red becomes rojo.
****
Noah and I sing all the time. Lately, he is singing all the words to Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas, Somebody to Love from the Glee Soundtrack, Skinnamarink which he sings while I do the hand motions, and the "oh, oh, oohhhs," from Beyonce's Single Ladies complete with dancing and hand shaking.
3 comments:
I thought this post would include video! Mo
Jack is the EXACT same way! No words or sentences yet...but a constant stream of sounds, inflections, and multi syllable muck! Looking forward to deciphering something I can eventually understand;)
Amelia loves Boom Boom Pow too! She requests it when we get in the car!
Post a Comment