We are totally immersed in the Wonderful World of Disney over here. I finally touched base with my mom today. She said that based on my last blog post, I didn't make it sound like Noah was having that much fun. Well, he is having fun, but I do have to say that this trip to Disney was a little different than the previous five. Yes, I said five. If you're new to the blog, last year we lived only four hours away, and after our first one day visit with Noah, I was so on board for any and every trip to the happiest place on Earth. That added up to five times last year. This was our first time. And, this time, then this time and this time. And, this was our most recent trip.
But, I digress. Back to this trip... A little different. Remember that jump in cognition I mentioned a while back? Well, that jump includes some strong opinions by Noah. This Disney trip he is really not that interested in the rides. He is fine with waiting in line, but once we make it to the front, he resists getting on the actual ride. Not really sure exactly how he is feeling about it. If it is just the transition to the ride or if he is actually afraid of the ride itself. This trip Noah is really enjoying the shows and parades and musical entertainment much more.
And today... today was a REALLY fun day. We went to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and we had no doubt Noah had a blast today. Here is a quick run through of all the activities we managed to cram into our 7-hour day.
A pink princess pen purchased while Daddy's was procuring our Toy Story Mania Fast Pass.
Muppet 3D. No 3D glasses were worn in the viewing.
A visit with Leo and Annie from Little Einsteins. Noah was super excited to see the Little Einsteins. There was lots of jumping involved.
Toy Story Mania. Not sure if it is worth the 100+ minute wait that the sign shows all day, but I will say it is one of the best rides at Disney. Here is a tip. Get to the park right when it opens, make a beeline for the fast pass, and wait in line. Or, send your husband. That's what I did. Noah actually wore his 3D glasses for about 2 minutes in line. Dean and I have decided that he thinks he will miss the show if he wears the glasses.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This is a great show. I do remember the misting rain being very pleasant during hot weather. In this 40 degree temps in Orlando this week, not so much.
Lunch at Backlot Express. Noah ate a hamburger. He may be seriously tired of eating chicken nuggets.
Playhouse Disney Live. Noah LOVED the show, and I think we may have to catch it again before we head home.
The Block Party Parade on Hollywood Boulevard. Noah was so excited for the parade. He especially loved the cast members that were jumping and dancing. By the time, he got on Daddy's shoulders, he had calmed down a bit, but while I had him on my shoulders there was tons of bouncing and arm waving. I'm happy he enjoyed it, but ouch!
We made it as far as taking our seats in the auditorium for Beauty and Beast before Noah fell asleep. We left Hollywood Studios feeling pretty good about our fun day at the park.
A pink princess pen purchased while Daddy's was procuring our Toy Story Mania Fast Pass.
Muppet 3D. No 3D glasses were worn in the viewing.
A visit with Leo and Annie from Little Einsteins. Noah was super excited to see the Little Einsteins. There was lots of jumping involved.
Toy Story Mania. Not sure if it is worth the 100+ minute wait that the sign shows all day, but I will say it is one of the best rides at Disney. Here is a tip. Get to the park right when it opens, make a beeline for the fast pass, and wait in line. Or, send your husband. That's what I did. Noah actually wore his 3D glasses for about 2 minutes in line. Dean and I have decided that he thinks he will miss the show if he wears the glasses.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This is a great show. I do remember the misting rain being very pleasant during hot weather. In this 40 degree temps in Orlando this week, not so much.
Lunch at Backlot Express. Noah ate a hamburger. He may be seriously tired of eating chicken nuggets.
Playhouse Disney Live. Noah LOVED the show, and I think we may have to catch it again before we head home.
The Block Party Parade on Hollywood Boulevard. Noah was so excited for the parade. He especially loved the cast members that were jumping and dancing. By the time, he got on Daddy's shoulders, he had calmed down a bit, but while I had him on my shoulders there was tons of bouncing and arm waving. I'm happy he enjoyed it, but ouch!
We made it as far as taking our seats in the auditorium for Beauty and Beast before Noah fell asleep. We left Hollywood Studios feeling pretty good about our fun day at the park.



1 comment:
Glad you're having fun!! We're in the planning stages of our trip for next year. Your pictures/blog are making me want to go sooner!!
Post a Comment