One day I plan to accept full responsiblity for why my son requires a brass band and a week of celebration for any and all birthdays. Because, well, I love birthdays and isn't it fun to have something to celebrate. On Noah's birthday, Daddy took the day off of work, and we headed to the zoo. Summer temps have already hit Houston, and it was so hot. I will be honest. Noah did not love the zoo. I think the animals were a little too big and real for Noah. And, did I mention it was hot?
Here we are waiting for the sea lion show, which did not start at the posted time. We did not make the show.
Here are Daddy and Noah checking out the dinosaur section of the zoo. Noah was not a fan. He kept saying, "no... not dinosaurs."
The most fun Noah had at the zoo was running around the play area. I love this picture because it reminds me of this picture from two years ago. Wow! It's amazing how much my little man has grown.
Here we are heading out from the zoo. Notice the rainbow striped pencil in Noah's hand. On our way to the car, Noah's eagle eye spied this baby through the gift shop window, and since it was his birthday, Daddy was more than happy to fork over 4.99 for it.
After the zoo, we decided some a/c was in order, so we had lunch at the Downtown Aquarium. Noah loved the aquarium.
He must of sat in this exact spot for about 30 minutes. Everytime a fish would pass he would say, "Bye fish. See you later."
We also ordered dessert for another rendition of "Happy Birthday" for Noah.
Did I mention that we went a little overboard on birthdays this year? This was the fourth birthday cake/candle lighting for Noah to celebrate age 3. How could we not? He loves it so much.
We had such a good time at the aquarium. It is definitely a place we plan on visiting again.
No comments:
Post a Comment