I'm not really a big fan of animals. I think it was something passed down from my parents. We never had pets growing up... well, except for that dog of my brothers, which we named Wonder, because we wondered why we got a dog. Anyway, not a fan. So, when I found out this month's field trip was at the zoo, I teasingly told Noah's teacher that we didn't like the zoo very much and that Momma and Noah were a little s-c-a-r-e-d of animals. She said that the zoo was one of her favorite field trips, and I should be careful not to pass my fear of animals neurosis off on Noah. OK... point taken, off to the zoo.
I'm sorry, Ms. I. I think the damage is done. Here is Noah waiting patiently for the rest of his class to catch up after viewing the monkeys. He found a few sticks and nice cozy rock to sit and wait.
Here is Noah posing by the cut-out rhinoceroses. Didn't really get too close to the real thing.
Noah's favorite part of the zoo's new African exhibit was the drums. His new zoo pencil from the gift shop served as the perfect drumstick.
Time for the playground and petting zoo. Ms. I said that the petting zoo was not a field trip requirement, but I encouraged Noah to just try it while I stood off in the distance and used my zoom lens to catch a picture. So, he petted this goat with the help of his teacher, and then moved on to other things.
Like the playground. Did I mention that I love it when he gets air?
I told him before we left we needed to ride the carousel. First, carousel and then home. He jumped on and stoically handled the ride. Great job at the zoo, Mister No!


No comments:
Post a Comment