Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emma - One Month Old

It's about time for an update for Miss Emma Lou.  At six weeks old, she is continuing to earn the status of... Best. Baby. Ever. She's eating well, sleeping well, and pretty much goes with the flow.

She has started to have a fussy time between the hours of 6-10 PM. This is unfortunate since it coincides with bedtime for big brother. And, since Daddy doesn't usually make it home in time for bedtime. Momma is still working out the kinks on keeping one kid quiet and getting one kid to sleep.

Emma is such a great sleeper, and at just six weeks she's already given me five hours straight. Consistently, she goes down anywhere between 10-11 PM, up to nurse anywhere from 3-4 AM, and again around 5-6 AM. She goes back to sleep, and usually isn't ready to eat again until after we've dropped Noah at school.

Have I mentioned she's a speed eater. When Noah was an infant, he would totally set-up shop and hang out on my boob all day if I'd let him. This little one. She's in, she's out, and she's all... burp me Momma, I'm done. It usually takes her 5-6 minutes per side, and I usually end up covered in milk the process. I was worried she wasn't eating enough, but at her recent one month check up, she weighed in at a 9 pounds, 9.5 ounces (over a pound more than Noah at one month) and measured 23 inches. That's the 60% for weight and the 95% for height. The pedi commented that she's been pretty consistent in growth and that she seems to be a very healthy baby. I did have the doctor check to see if she was getting a flat head from all the time she spends in her car seat. He humored me and found no signs of plagiocephaly. Awesome.

Her hair is still dark, and she hasn't really lost a lot.  Although, I do think her head is growing faster than her hair.  She also seems to have inherited the same cowlick as Noah although it probably won't be as much of an issue once her hair gets longer.  Here eyes are starting to lighten, and it looks like they may start leaning a bit more towards blue.  Her awake time is increasing, and it usually falls in late afternoon. She is all eyes on big brother then, and I think we can check the developmental milestone, "follows rapidly moving objects with her eyes." 

No comments: