Friday, September 23, 2011

Emma is Laughing


Tired. That's what everyone in our whole family is. Well, except for Emma who amazingly slept a seven hour stretch last night. Noah must have sensed that Momma had the potential for a full nights sleep because he was up from 3:30-4:30AM. Ouch! Thanks buddy.

Anyway, we carried on with our regular Friday. I was tired with way less patience than usual. Noah was overly tired and way more distracted than usual.  Dinnertime finally arrived, and I fixed Noah a bowl of Gumbo. I put Emma in her yellow Boppy on the counter. I set her right in front of her brother. Noah, upon seeing the bowl of Gumbo, started yelling for a "HOT DOG!"

Emma started cracking up laughing. I looked at Emma then Noah. I started laughing. Noah looked at Emma then me and smiled. Amazing. Noah looked at me and then looked at Emma again and laughed. Totally amazing. Then he said, "Hi Emma." Then he looked at me, "Emma is laughing." Totally spontaneous and completely original language.

What an absolutely amazing moment to start our weekend. Great job, Noah. And, sweet baby Emma, thank you for being such a wonderful edition to this family.

No comments: