Between party prep and end of school craziness, I somehow completely procrastinated getting you a gift. Actually, I lie. Your gift is the massive play structure in our backyard. But, that didn't arrive on your birthday or all wrapped up, so late night shopping commenced. I picked up a few things that I knew you would like... a Captain America figure and book because you're a slave to marketing just like your mother, a space shuttle Lego set keeping with the theme of your rocketship birthday party. But I know the thing you'll love the most is the set of Mr. Men, Little Miss kid's meal toys that I bought on a random trip through the Arby's drive-thru for a Diet Coke. Only after telling the lady that "No, a Diet Pepsi would not be ok," did I notice the kid's meal came with Mr. Men. Your latest favorite thing. Score. Wow! I digress.
So, I decided to go with five presents for birthday number 5. Probably not I good precedence to start, but it's a big year. I wrapped them all up, cut numbers out with my Cricut and labeled each gift. When you came into our bed on the morning of your birthday, I said, "Did you see your presents on the table?" "Yes," you replied. "I want to open number 5." I love that you notice all my little details.
You were so excited!
And, as expected, you loved all the Mr. Men, Little Miss toys.
Next up, a little birthday baking. Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. After baking and singing, you headed to your room and dressed for the day all by yourself. You did a pretty cute job too!
Then, we took Emma to the doctor for an ear check. "Not Noah, just Emma," you said.
Then, we called up our friends to meet us for lunch and play at a local Mexican restaurant. Thanks Sara and Ryan for meeting us for some birthday play!
Emma is loving all these new food experiences, although by the end she really wanted to play with the big kids.
Next up, swimming lessons with Mr. B. You are doing so great with swimming! I watched you slide down the big slide into the deep end and swim half the pool length to your instructor. Awesome!
And then it was time for a haircut. You were overdo, and you needed to look fresh for the party. You are still not a fan of the clippers.
We did have one low part of our day when you smeared an entire tub of purple Hello Kitty lip gloss all over my bedspread. Dude... seriously! After a slight meltdown by both Momma and you, some stain treatment with Shout! and Oxi Clean, and three washes through the bulky bedding cycle, the spread was gloss free and you were so over your fourth frowny face. "You only have four frowny faces, not five." you informed me. Let the birthday festivities continue.
And to end our day on a high note, Daddy arrived home super early in time for some Lego construction. Happy "five days old" sweet Noah.
No comments:
Post a Comment