1. When I asked Noah about extra curricular activities at school, I said, "Noah, do you want to do karate or gymnastics this year?" His reply, "Mom! I want to do karate AND gymnastics! (pause) And, I want to do swimming!" Thanks to my friend Erica for snapping this cute picture of Noah in karate.
2. So, we added more to our calendar and swimming lessons resumed on Wednesday. I should know to come straight home, but I tried to squeeze in an errand, and I should know that drinking pool water on an empty stomach increases Noah's chances of car sickness ten-fold. It was when we pulled into the parking lot of CVS that I turned around to hear Noah say, "Noah, you're not going to be sick." You can go ahead and finish the story yourself. Ugh.
3. So, Friday started off on a low point when Dean went to get Emma out of bed and said upon opening the door, "why does her room smell like pee?" Come to find out, the babysitter had put her to sleep the night before in a swim diaper. Awesome!
4. Listening to FUN. on the drive to school. Wondering if "jack my style" is an appropriate phrase for a five year old!
5. I attempted to new route to school (Thanks Kyra!) in a attempt to cut down on school zones. I set my timer at 8:30A when pulling out of my driveway. I checked it again at about 4:45PM when I was pulling back in. How's that time for a random Friday? Brutal!
6. Emma is always so excited to walk the hospital halls and pop in to see Daddy. 7. Emma just finished eating a chicken salad sandwich, a whole avocado and some strawberries. Noah's on his second bowl of goldfish. Oh, first born... I'm sorry for all my parenting mistakes. This one loves some variety in her diet.
8. Noah's phrase of the week... when I'm fussing him for something or shouting at him to pay attention. He says, "Calm down, Mom... Calm down!"
9. This week Noah's class was working on the letter F. On Thursday, Noah needed to bring something that started with the letter F for show and tell. Noah found about 10 things, and narrowing it down was pretty difficult. He decided to settle on his "fun backpack."
Me: "Noah, backpack starts with the letter B."
Noah: "Mom, fun starts with the letter F."
Me: "Well, you should just bring yourself. Fun Noah."
Noah: "Mom, Noah starts with the letter N."
I think I made my point.
10. These kids love to be outside, and now that cooler weather is (fingers crossed) on it's way, the evenings are so bearable. I think we may finally be able to break in the play structure properly!
2 comments:
#7. Amen. My poor Charlotte. :)
#9. Hysterical!
I usually only have time to catch up on blogs in Google Reader so I don't comment but I have an extra second today to say that the picture in the hospital hall is awesome!
Post a Comment