Happy, happy birthday to my sweet baby boy, who is (sniff, sniff) three today, and not so much of a baby anymore. Looking back at pictures, it is hard to believe how much you've grown this year. Where did my little baby boy go? You are holding steady these days at about 40 pounds, 40 inches. I don't know how many times this year I have been asked how old you are, and when I told people you were two, they were shocked! At least, now I will be able to say you are a three-year old.
What a great year it has been for you? I guess I can start with geography. We started your second year off by finishing up our time in Miami, and finally we made our move back to Texas. It took us a month or so to get settled, but now we are happy in our new home. You are still sleeping in your crib, although there was one incident back in March where you tried to jump out. Luckily, we have not had a repeat performance. Daddy and I are in talks over moving you to a big boy bed, but a date has not been set.
Your progress in speech and language has improved so rapidly, and Daddy and I just know that it will continue to do so. It is hard to believe that when you turned two, your speech was pretty much limited to numbers and a few select phrases, like "ready, set, gooooo." Now, I cannot even begin to count all the words that come out of your month. You can label almost anything you see, and the more you talk, the more Daddy and I realize how incredibly smart you are. This year you managed to pick up (with very little encouragement from Momma), numbers 0-20, letters A-Z, all the colors (including brown, gray, white, and your favorite pink), shapes (including hexagon, pentagon, oval, and crescent). You can recite them, recognize them by sight, put them in order (letters and numbers), and make all the sounds associated with each (letters). We are starting to think that you may have a photographic memory because you remember things you've seen and heard after only one or two exposures.
You understand nouns and verbs and prepositions, and you are starting to use them. You are beginning to talk in sentences, and just this week, you told me that something was behind your bed, that you dropped your color on the floor, and that you were ready to go in the backyard. You are using the word "want" more and more to convey your needs, and it is awesome. I will repeat your want request back to you, and you have started responding with the sweetest little "ok." You have a firm grasp of the word no, and I am happy to say that you have finally added "yes" to your vocabulary. You talk nonstop, and I can't wait to be able to understand more and more.
Your receptive language has also improved drastically this year, and I can remember all to well thinking to myself, "wow, it is so much easier to parent a child who understands you." If you know the rule, you like to follow it. I guess you come by it naturally. You are such a good listener to Momma, and despite an occasional tantrum or two when you don't get your way, you remain a very sweet boy. You interact and listen so well to Momma, and I can't wait for the day that you realize that there are people out there just as fun if not more so than me.
You are still very active, but you have become more conscience of your surroundings and are less likely to run off. We are also learning that just because you are jumping and running doesn't mean you are not paying attention. In fact, we actually think you learn your best while in motion.
What a great year it has been for you? I guess I can start with geography. We started your second year off by finishing up our time in Miami, and finally we made our move back to Texas. It took us a month or so to get settled, but now we are happy in our new home. You are still sleeping in your crib, although there was one incident back in March where you tried to jump out. Luckily, we have not had a repeat performance. Daddy and I are in talks over moving you to a big boy bed, but a date has not been set.
Your progress in speech and language has improved so rapidly, and Daddy and I just know that it will continue to do so. It is hard to believe that when you turned two, your speech was pretty much limited to numbers and a few select phrases, like "ready, set, gooooo." Now, I cannot even begin to count all the words that come out of your month. You can label almost anything you see, and the more you talk, the more Daddy and I realize how incredibly smart you are. This year you managed to pick up (with very little encouragement from Momma), numbers 0-20, letters A-Z, all the colors (including brown, gray, white, and your favorite pink), shapes (including hexagon, pentagon, oval, and crescent). You can recite them, recognize them by sight, put them in order (letters and numbers), and make all the sounds associated with each (letters). We are starting to think that you may have a photographic memory because you remember things you've seen and heard after only one or two exposures.
You understand nouns and verbs and prepositions, and you are starting to use them. You are beginning to talk in sentences, and just this week, you told me that something was behind your bed, that you dropped your color on the floor, and that you were ready to go in the backyard. You are using the word "want" more and more to convey your needs, and it is awesome. I will repeat your want request back to you, and you have started responding with the sweetest little "ok." You have a firm grasp of the word no, and I am happy to say that you have finally added "yes" to your vocabulary. You talk nonstop, and I can't wait to be able to understand more and more.
Your receptive language has also improved drastically this year, and I can remember all to well thinking to myself, "wow, it is so much easier to parent a child who understands you." If you know the rule, you like to follow it. I guess you come by it naturally. You are such a good listener to Momma, and despite an occasional tantrum or two when you don't get your way, you remain a very sweet boy. You interact and listen so well to Momma, and I can't wait for the day that you realize that there are people out there just as fun if not more so than me.
You are still very active, but you have become more conscience of your surroundings and are less likely to run off. We are also learning that just because you are jumping and running doesn't mean you are not paying attention. In fact, we actually think you learn your best while in motion.
You love music and are pretty indulgent to all the different types of music Momma throws your way. When you find a favorite, you insist on listening to it on repeat. Right now, the short list is Poker Face from the Glee soundtrack, Three Little Birds from B is for Bob, and What Kind of Dog Are You? (aka "The Dog Song") by Billy Jonas.
You are not the greatest eater ever, but there is enough variety in your diet to not give us too many worries. I think you could seriously live off of peanut butter and jelly, hot dogs, and cheese its... as long as there was milk or apple juice on hand to wash it down. You are excellent at eating with a fork and are perfectly capable of eating with a spoon, although you strongly prefer Momma handle all the spoon feeding.
Daddy reminded me to include that you give the tightest hugs and best kisses. And, he loves it when you give high fives and follow it up with, "all right." He also wanted me to say that he loves the days he gets to come home from work early enough to see you and do bathtime. He loves bathtime with you. Daddy also loves weekends off, where he gets to spend lots of quality time with you. He loves that by the end of the weekend, you've completely welcomed him in the "Momma and Noah" circle.
It is so hard to belive that it was just a mere three years ago that you came into our life and changed it forever. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, but I never knew how very much it would infuse my life and define who I am as a person. You make me better. Happy, happy birthday, Noah! Your Daddy and I love you so very much, and we are so proud of all your accomplishments this year. We can't wait to see all the things in store for you in year number three.
July 2007 - 1 month
June 2008 - 12 months
June 2009 - 24 months
August 2009 - 26 months
October 2009 - 28 months
January 2010 - 31 months
March 2010 - 33 months
May 2010 - 35 months




4 comments:
Happy 3rd Birthday Noah!!!!
Sarah, that one month old pic is just so yummy! What a little cutie you have:)
Happy Happy Birthday to my beautiful nephew Noah. I agree with momma's comments that he is a very special boy who has got it going on, and is just waiting for the rest of us to catch up. I agree with daddy's comments that he gives the best hugs and kisses, even to his nanny aunt mo who doesn't get to see him enough. Lots of love from Uncle Jeff, Nanny Aunt Mo, and the Boys! We love you!
Happy Birthday Noah! We love you, Nanny Linda and Uncle Ernie
Happy Birthday, Mr. No! You are such a big boy! We love you and miss you!
Henry, Frances, Rebecca, and Dennis
Post a Comment