Fay was on its way and I was in desperate need of a vacation. Grammy stepped up, and I got a much needed, and according to Daddy, a well deserved break. Thanks Mom! You really helped me so much, and I know Noah loved hanging out with his Grammy.
However, the flight back home yesterday was almost enough to shred all the peace I was feeling after my hiatus. Almost. Getting through security and to the gate was pretty uneventful. Our flight was about 15 minutes delayed due to weather, so we had some time to kill. With a flight time of 3:15 PM, it should have been a perfect nap time for Noah. I've been there down that in recent months, and I was not seeing a nap in our future, but a Momma can hope, can't she. Noah hasn't slept on a plane since he was about 6 months old. Too many distractions. So, I was hoping for the best, and I let him walk up and down the terminal to expend some energy.

Energy was expended, but unfortunately, he still had some to spare.

We boarded the plan, and I asked the flight attendant if the flight was full. She said it was almost full, but that there were a couple seats available. I was hoping to have at least a middle seat empty on our row. I found an empty row and put Noah down. He started to get really excited. Holding onto the back of the seat, jumping, and his new favorite thing... screaming. Happy screaming, but really loud, ear piercing happy screaming. I am hustling to put our bags under the seat, get out his bottle and a few snacks, pull out the DVD player, and start a movie. As passengers continued to board, the joyful shrieking continued too. The couple sitting in the row ahead of us decided to find another seat towards the back of the plane. I was finally able to calm his excitement with milk and Elmo. The joyful display did result in us having a row all to ourselves for the entire flight. He did pretty well during the flight, only about 3-4 major outbursts, but goodness, the flight seemed to last forever. And, just like I knew he would, this is what happened as soon as we pulled out of the airport parking garage.

Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment