Saturday, August 15, 2009

Limbo

We are officially back in Texas but currently without home. Our good friends Tim and Catherine have graciously opened the doors of their lovely, three-story, Ethan Allen decorated in beige and white home to us, and we hope to leave it fairly unscathed as we depart at the end of the month. Our house is coming along quickly, and the closing is set for the end of the month. We've been out there a couple times, and it looks great.

As for Noah, he has adapted pretty well to the various changes of scenery. He has officially been out of therapy for a month, and I am getting pretty anxious to get things started again. Next week, I am meeting with a private clinic that offers both speech and OT, and Noah will also have his initial evaluation for the state early intervention program. We have also set up an appointment with a developmental pediatrician, but that isn't until October.

The biggest news on the Noah front is that I signed him up for preschool. Sniff. The program is from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM two days a week. It seems like a long day to me, especially for a little guy who still takes 2.5-3 hour naps a day. The preschool coordinator is probably used to dealing with first time mothers, and she said that they were pretty accommodating if I wanted to pick him up before naptime. I am considering it, but I think I will wait and see how it goes. Overall, I think the whole experience will be very good for Noah and for me as well.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How exciting that you will all be moving into your brand new house soon!! (I'm totally jealous;)

Wow, 9-2 does sound long. But he will probably love every second of it! Can't believe Mr. No is already heading to preschool!