Monday, November 9, 2009

To Give Thanks Is Very Nice


To give Thanks is very nice!
Thank You, Thank You!
Once a day or maybe twice,
To give Thanks is very nice!

Tonight as I was getting Noah's school stuff together for morning, I pulled this little piece of artwork from his folder.  Although, I am pretty sure Noah did not actualy put this together himself, it will stay in the keep pile.  I definitely want to remember this story.  I think I mentioned in a previous post that I observed Noah at school saying the prayer before snack.  Well, this is the prayer.  At the part where it says, "once a day or maybe twice."  Noah sticks out his little index finger and wags it.  It is one of the cutest things ever, only second to when at the beginning of the pray, he sits down at the table and places both arms straight in front of him and his little hands meet in a prayer position.  It is so amazing to me how much of a creature of habit Noah is.  With all the running around and jumping from task to task, he is always observing and taking things in.  Mealtime was such a problem area in the beginning of the school year, and now he totally has it down.  One of the administrators told me last Thursday that when the teachers say it is time for snack, Noah is the first one sitting.  I'm not saying he completely sits still and doesn't try to wander, but really, what two-year old does.  He is doing so well at school, and I am so thankful for all the teachers and administrators who are taking a little extra effort with him. 

No comments: