Pronounced KAH NAHY. It's from the Cajun French dictionary meaning mischievous. It's a word my grandmother sometimes uses to refer to my nephew Zachary. My sister threw it out there on her blog post about Z today. It was so cute, funny and apropos that I thought it only fitting that in honor of his birthday, I give you a perfect example.
Zachary is my godchild. Dean, coincidentally, has a godchild almost exactly the same age, so for our wedding we asked both of them to be ringbearers.
Here are Zack and Don at the age of four. How cute are they?
During our vows, the priest invited the entire wedding party to stand on the altar. He made sure to include everyone, even the little guys. They look a little bored in this picture, but don't you worry. Little Zack's mind is in motion. Notice his right foot.
All you need to do is take a step down. Then take a step up. Step down. Step up. Come on Don! This is so much fun!
OK... if you say so. This does look like fun. Up. Down. Up. Down.
Oops. Were we not supposed to be doing that? Zack's daddy quickly put a stop to those shenanigans. The funny part is that Dean and I said "I do" totally clueless to the little guys next to us. It wasn't until we finally saw the pictures that we got the whole story.





1 comment:
What a cute post! I totally forgot about that. Totally canaille! And may I add, what a lovely side view of the bride! :)
Post a Comment