Usually in the mornings, when I go to get Noah out of bed, I will tell him what we have planned for that day. I'll say something like, "we have school today."
Noah will respond with something like, "noooo... not swim today."
You see swim and school are on opposite days, and being the smart little guy that he is, Noah knows that when he has school, he does not have swim.
So, this morning, when I went in to get him out of bed, before I even finished my good morning, he looked at me and said, "nooo... not doctor today."
You see yesterday we went to the doctor. But, only after we had swim, OT, lunch with friends, speech, a car nap, and a therapy evaluation. Yes, we had an extremely busy day, and it wasn't until he woke up from his car nap and started acting so lethargic and not-Noah like at the therapy eval did I even realize that he didn't feel well. Way to go Momma. We headed straight from the eval (which did not go well) to the doctor for a 4:30 PM appointment. Noah was the lucky winner of a positive strep test. Sigh. I should have known since I did get a report from school on Tuesday that he was exposed to strep. The doctor asked if I would like her to prescribe a 10-day dose of oral antibiotics or would I like for Noah to have a shot. Ummm... does anyone really choose the former? So, Noah got a shot yesterday at the doctor. And, he was not too happy about it, however, it did make him start to feel (act) better almost immediately. Ahhhh... the wonders of modern medicine.
So, today we've had nothing on our agenda...except, not going back to the doctor. May has been a really busy month, and despite the reason, Noah and I have enjoyed staying in our pajamas all morning, actually making it upstairs to play with toys, and leisurely shopping at Target. Too bad it takes a bacterial infection to make us slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment