Our family needed a vacation in the worst way. The two weeks leading up to us boarding a flight to Florida were long and stressful. Dean was on call 24 days straight. Noah decided to try tantrums out as a way to communicate his needs. And, between a screaming child and a missing husband, I was just trying to hold it all together.
A vacation was just what the doctor ordered. Noah was so good on the flight to Florida. At the last minute, I decided to try out a picture schedule, and I really think it made all the difference. I printed pictures of the plane and the beach house and everyone we were going to see there. It let him know what to expect, and it is definitely something I'll be using again in the future.
So, hmmm... who did Noah see? All his cousins for one thing.
What a great looking bunch of kiddoes!
Aside from the sand, the sun, the sunscreen and his bathing suit, Noah loved our vacation. Daddy didn't seem to mind that Noah was lukewarm on the beach. He was feeling a little oil wary. For the record, we did not spy any oil, but we did spy a ton of oil workers. Noah tolerated the beach for the first couple days.
Noah searched for seashells.
And did some running (away).
Luckily, Daddy and Uncle D were close by. Speaking of Uncle D...
Thanks for letting us have the big room. I probably should have taken this picture before we made a mess of the place, but the room was great.
Which was a good thing because Noah spent a lot of time up there. He also slept in the closet, but in our defense it was almost as big as his room in our Miami apartment. He liked it in there... honestly!
Noah spent so much time upstairs that finally his cousins had to start hanging out there too.
We had an awesome beach vacation with the family. And, I think everyone is back home relaxed and rested. I know I am ready to be a better Mom. Motherly duty number one... put the kibosh on these tantrums. Just a little forewarning my sweet baby boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment