Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Big D - Laurie Berkner Band

I may or may not stalk the Laurie Berkner Band website. Her music is so fun and catchy, and I enjoy listening to it as much as Noah. I had hoped she would come in concert nearby, but mostly she performs in the northeast. Earlier in the summer, I saw a tour date in Grand Prairie, TX . My first thought was... Dallas (5 hours away) with a newborn (presently still in utero). There is no way we will be able to swing it. Total bummer! And, then Emma was born with her super cool, laid back style.  I then thought, there is no way we are missing this concert! So, we went, and it was awesome.

The band just released a new DVD, Party Day, and Noah watched it the week leading up to the concert.  He (and I) had songs like "Choc-o-lot in my Pock-o-lot," "Where is the Cake" and "Last Night I Had a Dream," stuck in our heads all week.  The lady has got some catchy tunes... click below at your own risk. 

As soon as he saw the stage, he got pretty pumped up. I think he knew exactly what was going on.

And, when Laurie, Susie, Adam and Bob hit the stage. Well, the look on Noah's face says it all.


He spent most of the concert in a constant state of jumpy excitement. The band sang both new and old stuff, and Noah knew them all.

The concert was pretty relaxed, and a lot of kids were stage front dancing to the music. Halfway through Daddy brought Noah down front.  See the little guy on the right in the yellow stripey shirt.  He loved it up front, and asked Dean, "want to go up?" Oh yeah, my little guy was ready to take the stage.

At one point, Daddy said, "Hey look Noah, it's Laurie." Noah pointed at her, and Laurie bent down and sang right to him. According to Daddy, she was close enough to kiss him on the head. I missed it, but how cool is that.

You'll have to excuse the pictures since no flash photography allowed.

Noah loved the concert, and I am so glad we took him.  As soon as the concert finished, Noah looked at me and said, "wanna do it again?"  And, let's not forget about Emma, who was a champ during the whole performance. 

And, as we usually do for these types of events, we asked the nice lady behind us to take a picture.  Technically, the concert was over, but I had forgtten to turn on my flash.  Once again, better luck next time on the family photo.

We headed home right after the concert and listened to Laurie the entire way back. Here is Noah following some directions to "Pig on Her Head." The request... Put your toe to your nose.
  So much fun!

No comments: