Monday, March 12, 2012

How Does Your Garden Grow?

About a month ago, Noah watched an episode of Sesame Street where the "word on the street," was GARDEN.  Noah is a huge fan of the "word on the street."  He gets so excited to learn a new words and add to his vocabulary.  So, don't be surprised if he asks you, "what's the word on the street?" 


Have I mentioned that my parents have the best back yard ever?!?  Grammy also has lots of gardens, so I figured our recent visit was the perfect opportunity to grow some flowers.  I picked these up from a local nursery.  I was going for rainbow colors, but Noah really wanted to include some pink. 


And off we go.  Step one.  Get some dirt.  Sand toys make an awesome fill in for gardening tools in a pinch. 


Noah was such an awesome helper.  He carried the bucket of dirt and his shovel all the way from the shed to the playhouse. 


I cleared out all the old dirt and leaves, and Noah poured in all the fresh dirt.  In all honesty, it was both his and my first time planting flowers.  I think we had some awesome teamwork going.


Ready to "grow some flowers."  I did the planting, but of course, there is no photo evidence.  I have to admit... somewhat fun.  Maybe I should attempt this in our own garden. 


Admiring our handiwork.

No comments: