Saturday, May 19, 2012

Emma - Eleven Months

If there ever was a baby girl ready to hit the age of one, it would be my sweet Emma.  She is walking.  She is talking.  She is eating everything in sight.  She goes to bed all by her big girl self.  She holds her own bottle and is so ready to enjoy cups with straws just like her big brother.  I think I was well into my 20s before I exhibited as much independence as this little one.  There is not a shy bone in her body.  If someone doesn't look at her to make eye contact, she will STARE THEM DOWN until they do.  And, when she finally gets their attention, she will smile and wave both her hands up and down.  It's like a double "hi." 
 
 
She is starting to say a few words and repeat a lot of sounds. She can say ba-ba (bottle), ny-ny (night), up, all done (which she will also sign).  She responds receptively to hands up, give a kiss, wave bye and clap your hands.  She loves baby dolls and gives them big open mouthed kisses.  She puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, which is incredibly frustrating. She'll pick up anything off the floor and when she sees me coming hurry up and shove it in her mouth and take off running in the opposite direction.  I have to carefully sweep things out of her mouth multiple times a day.  She's like a little squirrel (a al Uncle D) pocketing bits of food, grass, leaves inside her checks.  She is not allergic to peanuts since just this week not only did she stash a peanut off the floor inside her mouth, but she also ate two squares of brother's pb&j when I turned my back for a second.  She loves to eat and wants a bite of whatever anyone is eating.  She has yet to turn down anything except bananas.  Go figure.  The other day, Dean was eating olives and she crawled right up to him.  He put one on a fork and put in her mouth for a taste.  Well, she sucked that green olive right off the fork.  Luckily, she is getting a few teeth (finally), so I can expand her table food choices. 
 
 
She remains such a sweet baby and is hardly ever cross.  She goes to bed super early... between 6-6:30 PM and sleeps all night.  Yay!  I've started leaving her at home a couple days a week with a sitter.  She actually gets to enjoy a full morning nap at home for a change.  She loves her big brother and still wants to be wherever he is.  He has never really  minded having her around, but he has been interacting with her a lot more.  I can't wait to see how there relationship develops over the next year.  It's the finally countdown... in just a few weeks I'll have a one-year old and a five-year old.  Yay!

These piggies are precious

What a happy girl!

Breakfast out with Momma.

She loves her bath time!

Backyard fun with brother.

Aaahh... Feed me!

2 comments:

Dr. Bec said...

What a big girl! Just wanna give her a big hug!

Kyra said...

Sweet Emma! Does this girl ever cry? Seriously, she is just so happy! Love it! Lucky Mommy!