Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Raindrops on Roses

Here are a few of Noah's favorite things:

So Big. Noah loves this book. The opening line, "how big is baby Elmo," brings a big ol' grin every single time. He sits through the whole book, and if I try to move on to a different book, he starts to fuss... serioulsy. If I read it once, I read it at least three times.

Shopping. OK. I guess I should be more specific. It is not really the shopping that he likes. It is being carried in his Baby Bjorn. Shopping just happens to be what is going on when he is in the carrier. His arms and legs dangle in the air, and there is a lot of laughing and leg kicking going on. Although it is hard to forget that he is strapped to the front of me, it is a little unusual to have everyone smiling at you as you walk by. I have to remind myself; ahhh... it's the baby. The Bjorn is not the easiest thing on my back, so I may be investing in one of these or maybe even one of these.

His Feet. Noah found his feet at about 4 months, but it is just recently that he has become a huge fan. They are always close in hand, even during naps. And, just like anything else Noah likes, guess where his feet end up... right in his mouth. Delicious.

Sonic Drive-In. Oh wait... that is Momma. But, it is worth noting. Did you know that Sonic has a happy hour every day? Unsweetened lemon iced tea with extra ice, please.

Outside. It is where we go to regroup. When Noah is fed, changed, rested, but just plain grouchy, outside makes everything better. He really loves to go strolling. We have even made it to the park a couple of times. Sorry, Noah... still too little.

Bathtime. As far as schedules go, I am sorry to say that bathtime is pretty much the only thing that is a constant from day to day. Noah has his bath every evening around 6-6:30 PM. He loves bathtime. We use the Safer Bather, and it is perfect because it keeps his head above water, but if you fill the tub enough, his body is submerged. He is really into kicking his feet like crazy. It is only a matter of time before I am going to get drenched during baths. This picture was taken on our recent trip to Napa. Daddy did bathtime sans mat, and Noah thought it was awesome!

All Things Momma. I mean, really, what's not to love.

[Writing this post got a certain song stuck in my head. Dean thinks nobody will get the title. You get it, right?!?]

1 comment:

Dr. Bec said...

I think everyone will get it! (I do.)
I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the Ergo carrier--I made a knock-off version for Dennis, and we love it! The price tag of the real thing is a bit steep, though probably worth it.