Daddy was off all this weekend, and with the 15-hour days he has been working lately, I think everyone was in need of a major break. Saturday, we headed to the beach, so Daddy could see how much Noah loves it. Here are a couple of videos of Noah playing in the surf.
Today, I got some Momma time. I had a pedicure and a long needed haircut. Not sure exactly how many inches they cut off, but I was able to donate it to Locks of Love. So, it is definitely a change. I left Noah home with Daddy.
Recently, Noah has decided that afternoon naps are not for him. Morning naps, he goes down with no problem. Afternoon naps are a constant battle. Two times this past week, I ended up giving up the fight and loading us up in the car for an outing. Both times, before we are even out of the parking garage, he was out. So, I know he is tired, but he is just not giving up. Well, this weekend, with Daddy around to play with, afternoon naps were even more non-existent.
Back to today, I left for my haircut around 3:30 PM. Noah was left in Daddy's capable hands. I even left instructions on what to feed him for dinner. Since we have made the move to table food, Noah's dinner has become a little more complicated than opening a jar. About 5:15 PM, I get a call from Daddy.
Daddy: "Hi! I need your opinion on a situation."
Me: "Ok."
Daddy: "Noah fell asleep in his high chair."
Me: "What?"
Daddy: "He had one bite of chicken, and then I gave him a bite of avocado. He closed his eyes and made a face, and then he was asleep."
Me: (laughing)
Daddy: "So, what should I do now, because that wasn't on the post-it.
Me: (really laughing)
So, Noah is in bed, and he has been there since 5:15 PM. That is early, even for him. He is still wearing his church clothes. He hasn't eaten dinner. He hasn't had a bath. And, who knows what time he will wake up. I guess I should get to bed. It looks like it will be an early morning.
3 comments:
Oh my word! I love it!
I saw the post about Frances, and I thought... that would never happen to Noah. Well, what do you know. So funny!
This is hysterical!
Post a Comment