42 bites. I counted. Several times. During the multiple applications of hydro cortisone cream throughout the day yesterday. This morning he woke up still running a slight temperature. So, I placed another call into his pediatrician. The nurse suggested I bring him in because it "might be an indication he is coming down with something." Something? Something else? Meaning not related to the mosquito bites. Seriously, how can it be unrelated, he has 42 mosquito bites.
So, I brought him in this afternoon, and he has the croup. Totally unrelated to his 42 bites. And, I kid you not, 45 minutes before I walked into the pedi's office, he started making this wheezing sound, and my google search result ridden brain interpreted it as a symptom of West Nile virus, and when the doctor said it was the croup, I was so relieved. She started writing a prescription for steroids which I interrupted to ask if she could give him a shot instead. She said she could... finally, someone who will give a shot around here. So, now he is down for the night. Still sporting 42 bites, which surprisingly don't seem to bother him, which actually shouldn't be surprising since they didn't seem to bother him when he got them, and pumped up with steroids to treat his croup. Once again hoping he feels better tomorrow.
1 comment:
Poor Noah! I hope he gets to feeling better soon! By the way, I like the new family pics you added to the blog.
Post a Comment