We are drowning in boxes over here, but I couldn't let the first week of school pass by without an update. So, here is the preschool edition of "Five Things Friday."1. I cried on Noah's first day. But, it wasn't when I dropped him off. And, it wasn't when I got back to the house and realized I missed him so much. It wasn't even when I called to check in on him, and the office lady told me he was having a "good day." Nope. It was when I was picking him up and found out that Noah needed a little extra attention on his first day. His high activity level, lack of understanding, and bigger than the average 2-year-old size, made him a bit of a handful on the first day of school.
2. If nap mat cuteness could induce sleep, Noah would have been the first little one asleep. Sadly, it does not. Noah did not nap or rest. Although strangely the "rest" box was marked on his daily sheet, but I guess the teacher had to check either rest or sleep since there wasn't a box labeled "bobbing and weaving around two-year-olds resting on nap mats." A joint agreement was made between teachers and Momma that Noah will be picked up before nap time.
3. Noah really loved motor skills on the first day. No further comment.
4. The teachers told me several times (and it was checked on his sheet) that Noah was happy throughout the day, but he had issues with following rules. I knew that day two would be true test whether he liked school or not. We held hands as we walked from the car to his classroom door, and as I bent down to give him a kiss goodbye, he took off like a flash and jumped right into playing. I am so happy that he likes preschool. Yay!
5. The rules. From the feedback I am getting from his teachers, it seems Noah's biggest issues are not staying with his class and not sitting during snacks and lunch. Looks like Momma has some homework over the weekend. I am really looking forward to when that staying with his class sinks in, and I am hoping that translates to staying with his Momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment