Friday, October 2, 2009

Five Things Friday 10.2.09 - Totally Random

1. I have blog envy. My sister started a blog, and it's great. You can visit her here. 365 people who've made up her first 40 years. A countdown to forty. Not to toot my own horn, but I totally gave her the idea. Full disclosure. I didn't come up with the idea myself, but found it on another blog. What a great excercise in self expression. I am loving her posts, and I can't wait to see when I pop up on the list. You should follow along, maybe you'll be on it too.

2. Date night tonight. Woo hoo!

3. Our neighborhood is all new construction, so everyone has just moved here in the last couple years. Our house is on the corner, and just happens to be the bus stop. The school bus, not the metro. You wouldn't think I'd need to clarify, but my sister was confused. Did I mention you could check out her blog here. Anyway, I heard talking outside, peeked out the window, and saw about five ladies waiting for their kiddies to get off the bus. I didn't give myself time to think about it, I just opened the door, and said, "I figured since you hang out in front of my house every day, I might as well introduce myself." It was a little awkward, but they didn't seem to mind. And, I met some nice ladies.

4. I observed Noah at school this week. I felt like I was getting some mixed messages since on his paperwork being sent home every day, I was getting notes like... Noah was happy. Noah loved the playground. Noah loved playing trains. So, in my mind, he was doing better at rule following and less of a handful for his teachers. This wasn't the case. It was a great experience to observe him. I got to give some tips about using shorter phrasing and speaking more firmly to get him to understand and listen better. The highlight. I got to see Noah sitting down for snack and singing the prayer with all his classmates. It was so awesome, and if those teachers only knew how far he has progressed. Well, it was awesome. After spending the morning peeking through the classroom window, I can definitely say that Noah loves school, and really the hugs and kisses I get when I pick him up are totally worth the price of admission.

5. My camera is broken. Again. I think that the Nikon people really did not mean for their D40 to be tossed in a diaper bag or carried around on hips like a messenger bag on a daily basis. With all the bumping and jostling this baby has gone through...well, it's off to the shop again. I think I may have to invest in a point and shoot to tied me over. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Blair said...

I am loving Monique's blog too! It is such a great idea and so fun to follow along.

I feel for you with your camera in the shop again. I was going through withdrawals when my lens was in the shop. I have a Kodak point and shoot. It is okay. But once you have a SLR, point and shoots are all disappointing!

Good luck on your search. Glad Noah is liking school!