I decided to give parking in the garage a try this week. It is a bit of a tight squeeze, but I've managed to not hit any part of the house yet, so I consider it a success so far. Second to the actual pulling in and out is getting Noah in and out of the car. Once parked inside it is quite a bit easier than getting him in his seat to leave. Even if he is being cooperative, which most of the time he is not, it is pretty challenging. Yesterday, I decided that instead of fighting with him, I would back out first. So, I put Noah in the backseat, told him to hold on and slowly and carefully, I backed out onto the driveway. I was concentrating so hard on not hitting the garage frame, that I didn't notice Noah scurrying to climb into his car seat. By the time I put the car in park, he was sitting correctly in his seat ready to be buckled. Seriously. That's all it takes to get him into his car seat willingly. I could just see the wheels in his little head turning... "Whoa Momma. I am not sure I'm supposed to be standing back here while the car is moving. I'll be getting in my seat now." So funny. I'm happy to have this trick in my arsenal now.
Time For Some Bowling!
15 years ago
3 comments:
I will so be trying this!!!!!
This is hilarious! Great story :)
So funny...just when you think they don't get it...don't let them fool you.
Post a Comment