Sunday, May 2, 2010

Morgan Comes to Town

Noah had the best time playing with his sweet cousin Morgan last weekend.  The weather was beautiful, and we got to spend a lot of time outdoors.  She came over from Louisiana, but I am not too sure that she really knew she was in Texas, since she kept informing her dad that she was "going to Miami to see Noah and Sarah Sue Sue."

I forget how much of a monkey my brother's girls can be.  Noah sure learned to be a bit braver on his swing set from watching Morgan.  And, I am going to credit her with finally getting Noah to like to swing like a big boy.  Way to be a good influence, Morgan.


There is nothing better than heading outside to play early in the morning.  Ground still wet with dew.  Kiddos still in pajamas.  Noah and Morgan were in for the same.  Noah got up super early, and I figured Morgan would be a little sleepy.  When she heard us moving around, she popped up and was ready to play.  Can you say "crazy morning hair?" 

All weekend, Noah wanted to be where Morgan was.  There was even a moment where Noah was following Morgan around, and she was moving to a new activity a little too quickly for Noah.  He ran over to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her back.  As any 5 year old would, Morgan did not like being bossed around by Noah, so Noah totally melted down because Morgan wouldn't listen to him.  Never thought I'd be happy about a meltdown, but I was pretty happy that Noah decided to lay one on someone besides his Momma.

Morgan was pretty happy to hang out with Noah too.  She even suffered through a couple of episodes of the Wonder Pets.

And, I have to say one last thing about my little niece... this girl can eat.  In the first 24 hours at my house, she ate a piece of pizza,  a bowl of gumbo, two bowls of potato salad, McDonald's eggs, pancakes and hash browns.  Wondering if some of her good eating habits will rub off on Noah. Can't wait until you visit again, sweet girl.  We had a blast playing with you.

1 comment:

MHT said...

Love your hair DK...Aunt Mo