Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Know You are Dying to Know What Happened Next

Due to the exterme length of my last blog post, I will spare you and keep the follow-up short and sweet.  Because there is a follow-up.  I would be remiss if there wasn't.  If I just let you believe that Noah has indeed transitioned to a toddler bed with that much ease.  And, if parenting was easy, Noah would have spent the entire night in his toddler bed.  But, it isn't, and he didn't.  What actually happened was, he woke about 12:30AM and wandered the house a bit. Daddy found him and attempted to get him settled back in the toddler bed.  In the process, Daddy fell asleep on the floor next to his bed and Noah got up again and wandered a bit more.  Daddy found him in the kitchen playing with some mixing spoons.  After a bit of trial and error, Noah returned to his crib for the remainder of the night.  If I'm being honest, I kind of like him in his crib.  Not so much a fan of the house wandering.

3 comments:

Amy said...

OH, Sarah! I am totally dreading putting Jackson in a bed. No telling where I will find him in the middle of the night!

Noah seems like he's transitioned (somewhat) easy to the bed. Sure he got up a few times, but I think that's to be expected. I think he realized how comfy his new bed is and once the newness of being able to get out of bed wears off, he'll be snuggled up until morning;)

Kyra said...

Oh Lordy! How I appreciate the honesty and how I AM SO not ready to be brave like you. Good luck to you and Noah, I'm sure he'll be transitioned in no time!

Anonymous said...

Noah makes me smile! Dean's patience is amazing. I love the thought of him asleep on the floor and Noah tiptoeing out of the room to explore in the night. All in all sounds pretty successful! Keep us posted on the progress. - KH