When the note came home from school that Noah's class was having a field trip at a local mall. I just knew that this was going to be right up Noah's alley. There are few things that Noah loves more than a mall play area.
I mean what is not to love about a place where running, jumping and climbing in a softly padded contained area is not only allowed but encouraged.
Noah had a blast, and if his teachers weren't aware of how fast Noah was before they got a pretty good idea this morning.
After leaving the castle play area, the class headed to the food court, where the teachers brought along a snack. When they pulled out the bag of popcorn, I said, "Oh, Noah loves popcorn." Mrs. F looked at me and said, "oh yeah, we know."
After snack, the teachers were both really excited about taking the kids for a spin on the carousel. Mrs. I asked me, "do you think Noah would be up for the carousel?" My reply was that he hates the carousel. I'm learning that when you tell your child's teacher that your child hates something, that pretty much guarantees that they are going to make him try it.
And, they did. And, just like Noah, he allowed us to coerce him onto the carousel, and then he just went to his happy place and rode it out. It wasn't until we suggested a move from the carriage to an actual horse that he put his foot down, and his pleas of "No, not carousel," were answered.
All and all, I think it was a pretty great outing for a first field trip. Noah did great, and aside from the carousel, had an AWESOME time.

No comments:
Post a Comment