I may have talked a bit ad nauseum about Noah's recent affinity for Cat in the Hat. I guess it's just because he is really, really into it, and there isn't many things that I can say that about. I think it all started around October. When I asked him what his classmates were being for Halloween. He told me that his friend C was a penguin. I asked his teacher and apparently, C was not a penguin, but was the Cat in the Hat. I realized then that Noah didn't who the Cat in the Hat was. That got me to wondering why the little girl in her class wanted to dress as one. And, that is when I found the Cat in the Hat (Knows a Lot About That) on PBS. Kudos to PBS Kids for super cute programming. Martin Short as the voice of the cat... great idea!
So, after Noah started watching the cartoon. I picked up the book on CD, which he loved. And, then we started reading the books at home. Noah just really, really liked it. So, when my Nanny Linda asked me if I had ideas for Noah for Christmas, I suggested the Cat in the Hat, I Can Do That game. I saw it on a trip to Target, and I thought it would be a cute.
Little did I know, it would become the BEST TOY we have in our house! It has become such a great therapy tool for Noah. It is an awesome game for kiddoes like him. It follows along with the book in that it has several foam pieces (the book and the fan and the fish and the cake and mother's new dress) and plastic toys (the rake and the ship and the ball and the toy man) that you use to complete different tasks on a deck of cards. Noah started out just solo playing with the pieces, but we have progressed to playing together with the cards.
I love that it follows along with the book, so we can use the game as a prop when we read the book. I did have to order a stuffed Cat in the Hat doll because I got tired of holding the cake on my head. It has been great for joint attention, imaginative play and following directions. Of course, I am trying really hard to hang onto all the pieces for the time when we actually play by the rules.
Noah with the fan on his belly.
Noah going over the trick-a-mistick with the fan between his legs.
Momma lets him break the rules a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment