Friday, January 21, 2011

Five Things Friday 1.21.11 - This and That

1.  A while back I found this super easy idea for a reward sticker chart.  I wasn't sure if Noah would quite get it, but in my night waking desperation, I decided to give it a shot.  And, although, I think the improvements seen at bedtime lately have more to do with consistency than stickers, I have continued to use the chart.  And, Noah has continued to reap the rewards.    It's pretty crude, a sheet of computer paper.  At the top, a small bed with a little stick figure with some "zzzz's," and next to it, a picture of a car driving on a road to the "ice cream house."  I love that Noah calls it the "ice cream house."  Then a large ice cream cone in the center of the page with six circles in the ice cream.  Every morning that Noah spends the entire night in bed, he gets a sticker on the cone.  We completed our second chart today, and so far, he has only had one day with no sticker.  So, today despite the 30 degree temps, Noah enjoyed a yummy chocolate ice cream cone.  

I think he liked it.   

A lot.

2. Dean and I went to the movies this past weekend to see Country Strong because I love me some Gwyneth Paltrow. I cried through the entire movie. Did I mention I was pregnant? The entire movie.

3. Noah and I shared our baby girl news with our good friends yesterday afternoon.  Pink balloons and cupcakes were enjoyed by all.  I love this picture and love these kiddos.  When I told Sara (second from the left) that I had a baby in my belly, she looked at me, eyes wide, and asked, "Did you eat her?"  And, later on reminded me, "don't you eat her again!"


4.  Tonight while reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Noah was pointing out all the different items that the caterpillar eats on Saturday.  Here's the list: a chocolate, an ice cream cone, a pickle, a cheese, a sausage, a lollipop, a... uhhh, a crawfish, a muffin and a watermelon.  He doesn't know what the apple pie is and is totally convinced that piece of sausage is a crawfish. 

Speaking of Eric Carle, it is worth noting here that Noah completely loves Brown Bear and Polar Bear.  They've used both books at school pretty consistently.  It goes without saying that he completely has them memorized.  If I recite it to him out of order to him, he thinks I am teasing and is pretty quick to correct me with a laugh and "nooo... that's not right."  Momma does not have a photographic memory like you do, buddy.  His speech therapist tried using it as a tool this week during a session.  And, she was super excited about how attentive he was.  Ummm... yes ma'am, it's all about the motivation. 

5. The other afternoon I went into Noah's room to find all the pictures from our behind the sofa table on his nightstand.  Right next to his two empty picture frames.  I think someone is trying to tell me they want some pictures in their bedroom. 



No comments: