Monday, February 20, 2012

The Big Island

As a child, we spent many a summer vacation visiting Grand Isle.  We stayed at a camp right on the bay with a long dock.  We'd swim and ski.  Take boat rides and fish.  The adults would cook and drink beer. We'd play cards and watch movies on the Beta Max and a couple years later the trusty VCR.  At night, we'd have talent shows, which I'm pretty sure I always won.  I think my last trip to Grand Isle was for senior trip in high school.  Well, that was quite a while ago, and as many great memories that I have from all those trips, it took several invites from my sister before I finally accepted and took the kids down for a weekend.  Alright Mo... I should have accepted sooner.  It was really fun, and Noah had a blast.  Being February and with a really bad storm coming through there was no swimming or fishing, but there was lots of chilling and eating and of course, a talent show.  What a great weekend!


All the cousins were there.  From the oldest to the youngest.


Even Daddy made a cameo


Group hug from Noah.


Storms rolling in.


Enjoying a lot of marshmallows on the porch with Zack.


Ready for our beach walk.


Noah's favorite spot.  He didn't venture very far, but loved running and jumping around the porch.


Grammy and Pa Pa with all the grand kids.


Love outtakes.

No comments: