Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Great Outdoors


The weather was warm today. And, the cool air and rain that threatened and misted all day yesterday was gone. Noah had the best time playing in Grammy and Pa Pa's backyard. At one point, I asked him if he wanted to go for a stroll, and he said, "No, Mom. I want to play."

Grammy spend a good part of the afternoon outside with him. We blew bubbles. I pushed him in the hammock swing where I taught him the old scout song, "three little angels." He especially loved the part about the "three little Martians all dressed in green trying to get to heaven in a washing machine."

The boys came over. The girls came over. He rocked the zip line, much improved since Christmas. He ran and ran. He did some swinging, pushed by Morgan. Seth threw him the football, which he caught. His little mind schemed for ways to get atop the playhouse like his big cousins.

He played outside until long after dark as Pa Pa and Uncle D grilled our steaks on a open fire over mesquite. Noah said, "mom, want to go camping?"

He came inside dirty and smelling like a puppy dog. "I'm hungry," he said. He scarfed down some BBQ chicken covered in ketchup, two oranges and a chocolate pudding.

At bath time, the water was almost black as the days dirt was washed away. About 8:00 PM, he came out of the playroom carrying the bed rail for the day bed. Pretty much a not to subtle hint that he was ready for sleep. What a fun day for Noah.

No comments: