Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sick. Sick. Sick.


Poor baby Emma. Things just went downhill after Wednesday. Thursday morning she was dripping eyes, mouth, nose. She was hoarse and coughing and running fever. She looked and felt totally pitiful.

I called late afternoon to schedule her an appointment first thing in the morning. The night was terrible. Dean was OOT, and my thinking was to sit in the steamy bathroom to help loosen snot and mucus to help her breath. It backfired as the hot steam spiked her temp to 103. Ugh. I spent most of the night nursing her on and off in the big blue chair.

By morning, Emma and I had both seen better days. I think I'm finally learning how to say "uncle," because I called in the G family for reinforcements. They arrived in numbers with a "why didn't you call is sooner," and watched Noah while I took Emma to the doctor. The verdict. Ear infection. The first diagnosed in the C family. Doctor thought the cause ... RSV. We left with an antibiotic script. After much sleep over the weekend, she seems to be on the mend.

Boo for sick babies.

No comments: