I think I was 16 the first time I flew on an airplane. Noah is 7-1/2 months old and has already been on about six roundtrip flights, not to mention all the times he flew while in my belly. He's flown to Florida, California, Louisiana, and of course Texas. This past Sunday morning, our family of three headed to the airport once again. We parted ways at security. Daddy on his way to a conference in Florida, and Noah and I were headed to Louisiana.
This was no ordinary visit home for Noah and me. Nope. We had a job to do. Grammy was recovering from eye surgery, and we were going to play nurse, keep her company, and spread some Noah love around. Gram had a macular hole that required surgery. The surgery was out patient, but the recovery required her to lay face down 23 hours a day for about a week. Can you imagine? Well, it was pretty much like this, except for the pool, sun, and total relaxation. Seriously, this is the chair she used. Thank goodness for flat screen TVs, Tivo, and the Australian Open. According to Grammy, Noah and I were terrific company and made great nurses. I even got compliments on my housekeeping skills... imagine that! Grammy is off of bed rest, but still has some recovering to do. So. say some prayers that her vision starts to improve.
Today, Noah and I hopped on a flight to meet Daddy in Miami. And, tomorrow we are going house hunting, or should I say condo hunting. Wish us luck.
Today, Noah and I hopped on a flight to meet Daddy in Miami. And, tomorrow we are going house hunting, or should I say condo hunting. Wish us luck.
1 comment:
Been praying for Grammy. I feel her pain. Bed rest was bad enough, I don't want to even think about how bad it would have been to be face down for 23 hours a day!
Good luck house hunting.
Post a Comment