Today we drove over to a splash park in our neighborhood. There was a meetup there earlier this week that we missed, so I thought we'd stop by to take a quick look. This place was so cool, so right by our house and so free. Half of the park is a traditional park with slides, tunnels, climbing things, but the other half is a huge water splash pad. The fire hydrant in the corner is the "on" switch. Rub the top and the fountains and sprinklers turn on. So cool. In one corner they even have tall pole with buckets that tip over once they are full of water. It took Noah a little while to figure out what was going on, but once he got warmed up, he had a blast. We had the park to ourselves for quite a while, which was great! Noah really got excited though when he saw all the other kids playing. We didn't stay too long because well, we had no sunscreen. We had no swim diaper. We had no bathing suit. And, we had no towel. I did have an extra outfit, and I was able to dry Noah of with our Hooter Hider and a burp rag. Having a messy car does come in handy sometimes. I can't wait to go back, and next time I will so be prepared!
The sprinklers only ran for about 2 or 3 minutes before they shut off automatically. "Hey Momma, how do you turn this thing on?"

No comments:
Post a Comment