I woke up this morning, and I realized two things 1. there was no crying coming through the monitor, and 2. the sun was peeping through our bedroom blinds. Since we've moved here, Noah has been waking up between 5:30 AM and 6:00 AM every morning, and it leans more towards the 5:30 AM end. So, my first thought this morning was I had forgotten to turn the monitor on, and we just slept through Noah waking up. Nope. Monitor on. Dean went poke his head in Noah's room, and he was sound asleep. I checked the clock. 7:30 AM. Ahhh... we slept in. Noah didn't wake up until 8:30 AM. I was up an entire hour before him.
In that hour, I made coffee by myself using two hands since a small child wasn't perched on my hip. I ate a bowl of cereal and didn't have to share my banana with a small child who is always begging for a bite. And, then I just sort of waited around for him to wake up because really, what is a morning without Noah. I thought back over our weekend trying to figure out what caused the unusual late morning.
Friday night: Noah got to stay up late and play with Uncle Chuck and Jo Jo. Momma and Daddy had a long overdue night out alone. We went out for sushi and dessert. Daddy tried something new and ordered the restaurants specialty dessert, Coconut Soup. Interesting and surprisingly delicious. It was so nice to get dressed up, wear actual shoes (not flip-flops) and act like a grown-up. Thank you Chuck and Jodie for sitting for Noah, so Dean and I could go out. We had such a great time!
Saturday: Noah had his Daddy to himself all day on Saturday. And, I am really thinking that Daddy is the source of Noah's exhaustion. Leave it to Daddy to wear Noah out both mentally and physically.
So, I have been taking an informal poll of other mom's in my mom's group. "So, how many words does your little guy say?" I haven't been liking the answers. Yes, I know. Why do I torture myself? Noah doesn't say any words. Lots of babbling, but I can't really make out any words. Also, I have really been trying to teach Noah a few things. You know, earn my keep. I've been working on nose for like a week, and all I get is a look like, "seriously, Momma?" I really think it is more personality than intellect, but after I talked to Daddy about it, he decided that he was up for the challenge.
Daddy started out simple with the color blue. And, you will not believe it, but out of the stacking cups, Noah can pick out the blue one. And, it even seems that he is trying really hard to say "blue." Daddy also worked with Noah on saying ball, and bringing the ball to Momma. He did it, and he loved it. Daddy had a whole bag of tricks up his sleeve, and during bathtub on Saturday night, I thought I heard a "pop," a "bubble," a "blue," and of course, I heard lots of "dadada." Yes, I know Noah, Daddy rocks!
Saturday afternoon, we checked out a local park that had a great toddler play area and a huge grassy field with lots of room for running. The play area was even covered. We will defiintely be going back. Noah had a blast running everywhere and was so worn out last night. Note to self. Lots of playing plus learning new things equals tons of sleep. I need to remember that next time I want to sleep late.
I think I've talked quite enough, so I will let some pictures do the rest of the talking. Enjoy!
The infamous blue cup. Does Noah need a haircut or what?
Exhausted.



2 comments:
So glad you got some sleep. I am jealous! Can Dean come to our house and tire my girls out?
Also, I know it is hard not to worry, but Noah will talk when he is ready. At age two Charlotte had a vocabulary of maybe 10 words. And, she rarely said Mama or Dada specifically (i.e. she would say them, just not as our names). Now I can't get her to stop talking!
I found starting sign language with her got the ball rolling. It helped her get the connection of talking and getting what she wanted. I started with basic signs: more, milk, mama, dada, thank you, all done. Soon after that she started speech and now she is a chatter box!
Good luck!
Don't be too jealous. He was up at 4:30 this morning! I'm guessing he caught up on his sleep. Thanks for the advice. I know it is kind of early to worry, so I am trying to not stress about it.
Post a Comment