Monday, August 4, 2008

Water Park

Noah and I spent the morning at a local water park. It was Noah's first trip to an actual water park, and Momma's first trip to a water park having to actually be in charge of a toddler. For those who don't know, being in charge of a toddler at a water park requires wading through ankle deep water in a bathing suit, and sometimes standing in various squirters, spouts, and sprinklers that are all aimed at adult eye level. Climbing up and down drenched staircases only to get to the top where there are more squirters, spouts, and sprinklers all aimed at adult eye level where your only options are to carry said toddler back down the drenched stairs or to take one of the two baby slides to the bottom that according to the lifeguards do not go fast and are indeed the slides for the younger crowd. We did take each slide once, and I do believe that Noah, just like Momma, found the slides to be slightly scary.

This is the only picture I was able to snap of the morning. Cameras and water don't mix. We are taking a snack break. I snuck in goldfish crackers and grapes. I was almost busted by the security guard checking bags at the door, but I was able to successfully smuggle them in. Noah's attention is held by the lazy river. It was one of the few lazy rivers that I've been on that actually lived up to its name. We rode it four times. Much more Momma's speed. Noah had a blast today, and I definitely think we will be going back. Although, on our way home, Noah asked if we could bring Daddy next time. Umm... that would be a big YES!

1 comment:

Robinson Family said...

Oh yes. After our first venture to a water park (only me with Riley) I quickly learned I needed a new swimsuit. I now have an athletic one. Not very attractive but keeps everything in place while bending over, carrying, squatting, and other great positions. LOVE the new blog header!