Sunday, November 9, 2008

Deciding to Pick My Battles

There is a lamp in the corner of our living room where we have our breakfast table. It is a floor lamp with a slight arch that holds a cream paper lantern on the end. It is not something that would have ever fit in our old house. I bought it on one of my first trips to Target here, and it gives our apartment a young and trendy feeling. Well, at least in my eyes, it does. It was an impulse buy, and I love it. Apparently, so does Noah.

He cannot seem to resist walking behind the table and shaking the lamp until the lantern falls off. I've told him no, moved him away, and blocked his path. There have been numerous time-outs, lots of tears, and several hand swats. I feel like I've exhausted all options, and still Noah is drawn to the lamp. So, yesterday, the lamp has been moved to the closet in our study. Oh, the things we give up for our children.

No comments: