We are knee deep in therapy over here, and I finally have a good reason to put my IPhone calendar to use. Noah is doing well and aside from the days when therapy coincides with naptime, he is really enjoying it. What’s not to love… bubbles, coloring, play-doh, blocks, and a nice lady to meet his every need? I honestly think that Noah’s favorite part of going to sessions is playing in the school’s playground before and after. There is a huge sandbox with tons of toys, and you definitely know where this is going. I am having to be pretty diligent that he doesn’t take off with one of the rakes, and more than once, I have had a preschooler come up to me and say, “he’s not sharing,” only to look over and find Noah hoarding an assortment of about 5 rakes and shovels.
Last week, Noah had a hearing test to rule out any hearing loss as the cause of his speech delay. There was no loss, but the audiologist did find some fluid in his ears. We went to the pediatrician this morning to make sure that the fluid was from last week’s cold and not something that was still hanging around. His ears were clear, and it was nice to chat with the pedi about what is going on with Noah. She was really supportive of the speech therapy and told us that it can only help and to keep doing it.
Noah has definitely become more verbal and is babbling nonstop. He has also become more aware and his receptive language is definitely improving. I am not sure if it is a result of the therapy or just a part of him closing in on 2, but I’ll take it.
Here are a few things worth noting:
- Noah is cutting his first set of molars with one out. So, that’s nine teeth out, and how many more teeth to go?
- He loves to color and sat at the kitchen table today with crayons and coloring books. It was so precious.
- He is making some animal sounds. Tweet, tweet for bird, meow for cat, and doo-da, doo- da, doo-da, doo for penguin. OK… so penguins don’t really go doo-da, doo, but he mimics me, and it is adorable.
- He fills-in-the-blank to twinkle twinkle little star and sometimes to the EIEIO in Old McDonald.
- On the count of three, he calls for Daddy. It comes out soft and sweet like a “Da,” and I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment