At some point in November, I thought about doing a daily post for the month of December. Taking some time to reflect on what we are doing to celebrate this holiday season... well, that idea did not pan out. In fact, we are thirteen days into the month, and I have but two posts under my belt. So, here is a quick recap of the last couple of weeks.
Las Vegas. What a fun girl's weekend. Shopping at Caesars and Miracle Mile. Eating at Mesa Grill and Switch. The best French onion soup at Mon Ami Gabi in Paris. Front row seats at Peepshow where our group of twelve showed a slight lack of enthusiasm with all the nakedness. Laughing at Robin Williams. Remembering that everything looks close on the strip although it's really like a mile walk. A great time hanging out with my sister.
A very interesting and somewhat scary cab ride with a guy from Coon Rapids which involved some "We Didn't Start the Fire." Enjoying an early morning cup of coffee while big sis braved 30 temps for the 1/2 marathon down the strip. A view of Vegas from the Rio. Losing 20 bucks on slots.Making it into the Guiness Book of World Records by being one of 8,000 plus participating in the Santa Run.
Snow. While I was in Vegas, Daddy held down the fort at home. And, I think it was just what both my boys needed. They played in the freak snowfall.
They had lunch out at Chick-Fil-A where Daddy convinced him climb to the top and go down the slide... a first. They went to the park. They made a trip to see Santa where Daddy got Noah all dressed up.
They ran out of milk and had to make a grocery run. They came home with a few extra goodies. Noah has a new love for chocolate pudding.
Noah got hooked on showers... thanks Daddy. Daddy wore out Noah so much that by the end of each day the both of them were exhausted.
Thanks Dean for taking such good care of our little guy, so I could enjoy a weekend away.
Santa Visit. Aside from Daddy's attempt to visit Santa, Noah had a chance to see the big guy at school too. The note I got home on the day of the visit said that they were not sure what Noah thought of Santa. He wasn't scared, but didn't really want to got near him. This is the picture they snapped.






1 comment:
That Vegas weekend sounds fantastic!! And Robin Williams??? I just caught one of his HBO stand-ups a few nights ago- HILARIOUIS!
I'm totally jealous:)
Post a Comment