At 30 months old, I think Noah is slowly but surely catching on to this communication thing. He knows lots of words. In fact, he babbles nonstop. Most of the time, I think he's singing. But, tons of words are coming out too. I think there's a bit of delayed echolalia in there. The other night during bath he was emphatically splashing the water with his fist shouting, "I do not like green eggs and ham!" He can label everything from an ostrich to an octagon, but putting those words into functional use is where he gets hung up. I know he is so close though. It's funny because we are going to miss the whole baby talking stage, and he is really just going to start talking in sentences. Here are a few things that have been coming out of his mouth lately.
"I don't want that. I don't want that," said as he was watching me cut up a piece of barbecued sausage for his dinner.
"Thank you, Momma," said after I gave him a bowl of goldfish crackers after he turned down several other dinner choices. It's important to encourage communicative language.
I got the "thank you Momma" on tape later on. Not sure if I could love this little guy any more. Adorable!
"I don't want that. I don't want that," said as he was watching me cut up a piece of barbecued sausage for his dinner.
"Thank you, Momma," said after I gave him a bowl of goldfish crackers after he turned down several other dinner choices. It's important to encourage communicative language.
I got the "thank you Momma" on tape later on. Not sure if I could love this little guy any more. Adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment