So, I've said before that Noah isn't really a bad eater, he's just not the best eater. He's just not very adventurous. If it's something he's had before and liked, he will readily eat it again. If it's something that looks like something he's had before and liked than he probably will try it and eat it again. Ice cream doesn't fall into either category. For one, we don't eat a lot of it. I'm not a big ice cream person, and I've probably tried to feed it to him once or twice where he turned it down. Maybe because it's too cold. I never really felt like it was such a big deal that he didn't like ice cream.
Today, I picked him up from school, and we had an hour break to grab a quick bite for lunch. I usually pack his lunch, and we hit Starbucks. Can I just say here, that I love Starbucks at straight up noon. It's empty! This hour break before therapy Monday through Thursday was starting to feel like kind of a pain. Noah doesn't eat lunch at school, so by the time I pick him up, he is pretty hungry. But, it's noon, so everywhere we go is crowded, so I usually pack him something. But, I was stumped at finding a place for him to sit down to eat it. Starbucks has been my savior. It is always empty, and they ALWAYS have chocolate milk. Anyway, I digress. Today, after walking out of Starbucks and heading towards our car, Noah spied the sign for Marble Slab Creamery. He looked at me and said, "want ice cream cone." I looked at my watch, saw we had about 10 minutes to spare before therapy, and thought, "why not." I'm so glad I did. It just warms my heart to see my little man trying new things.
To say he LOVED it would be quite the understatement.
Everytime I would take it from him to take a bite, he would immediately say, "Momma! Noah!" Translation: "Momma, it's Noah's turn."
I am thinking this won't be the last time we stop for ice cream.
Now if only it came in veggie flavors.

3 comments:
That second photo is priceless! :)Also, I finished Gone with the Wind last week and oh my gosh it was everything I hoped it would be and more! I can see how you read it in a week.
So cute! This week ice cream... next week spinach!
So cute! Lately Jackson has taken a liking to the mint flavored skinny cow ice cream sandwiches! Funny because he never really liked ice cream until recently either.
Post a Comment