Thursday, January 20, 2011

Notes from Early Pregnancy

10/17/2010: I appreciate the good sign of nausea, but at 5 weeks. Ugh!

11/2/2010: Settling into a level of functional nausea. Wondering if Noah is tired of eating hot dogs and watching afternoon tv marathons yet.

11/4/2010: Little one measures perfect at 7 weeks, 4 days. Doc confirms there is just one. Estimated due date is June.


11/16/2010:  And, just like that, I'm feeling better.

11/20/2010:  Sort of.

11/25/2010:  Still feeling a bit nauseous at random times during the day. Have no energy. This growing life stuff is kicking my butt.  I am starting to feel girl because of this ongoing sickness.

12/1/2010: 11 week doctor's appointment. Surprise ultrasound. Such a great profile of the little one. Dean and my dad call "it's a girl."


12/16/2010: I asked Noah what does Momma have in her belly, and he said, "baby Jesus." Oh, I hope not... That's a lot of pressure.
 
1/20/2010: 18 week ultrasound.  Baby girl looks great.  Doctor checks, double checks, and triple checks the gender.  Starting to feel movement.  Going to bed dreaming of baby girl shopping.  Feeling happy and blessed. 

10 comments:

Paulette said...

So exciting! Having had a girl first, then a boy... I can tell you it's pretty much the same in the newborn months, except the clothes are more fun with a girl! :)

Mrs. Perry said...

lol Baby Jesus! I love it!

Blair said...

Love, love, LOVE this post! Yay! I am so happy for you, Dean, and Noah! What a wonderful blessing.

Happy shopping!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, congrats!!! I am right behind you..(9 wks along, due end of August;)

Noah will such a sweet big brother to that baby girl! So happy for ya'll!

lauren said...

Such a sweet post!! Congrats to you and Dean!! I can totally relate to the nausea and TV marathons and hot dogs too!! I am a little nervous about number 2, but I just keep reading Blair's blog for inspiration!! Good luck and we should be finding out the gender within the next month!!

Blair said...

Ahh! Don't look at me for inspiration! Wow, I STRUGGLED this go around. I was out of commission for at least 4 weeks with morning sickness (one night C ate only bologna because that was all she could reach in the fridge, and F decided to go hungry!) and it took me 8 weeks to get to a functioning level once he was born. I'm still not 100%, but I'm getting there....

Love that the 3 of you are having babies around the same time! So much fun!

Sarah C. said...

Yeah... Blair is my hero. I've called her several times. At least, I never vomited. Congratulations to you too, Amy! Summer babies... yay!

Mary said...

Congrats to you and Dean!! And yay for a baby girl.

Kyra said...

Oh my goodness! I'm just now reading this blog post and I'm so excited for you! Yay!!! A HUGE congrats to you, Dean, and Noah! Love the comment about you having baby Jesus in your belly....Laughed out loud! Still laughing out loud!

Oh and BTDT with the TV morning marathons! It totally saved me during those early months of nausea....So don't feel guilty!

McKay Family said...

Congrats!!!! So excited for you! BTW - Noah is looking like such a little man! Miss you guys!