Today is the first of May, which means I can officially say, "I'm having a baby next month." Wow. I would like to say that this pregnancy has flown by, but I seriously feel like it has gone on forever. This week my ob appointments have changed from once a month to twice a month. Just another sign that I am inching closer to the end. During my last visit, I mentioned to my doctor that when I was scheduling my remaining appointments, I noticed he wasn't in clinic the week of my due date. "Oh," he said, "I'm going on an Alaskan cruise." Hmm... awesome. I'm sure you are going to have a great trip. "When are you coming back," I asked. His response was at midnight, two days before my due date, "so let's not have that baby early." Really... he induced me a week early last time. And, taking that into consideration, plus the fact that he still didn't deliver Noah, I'm honestly not that stressed about it. I mean, what can I do.
At the same visit, he did suggest another ultrasound just to do a size check. I'm not really measuring that big, which I did with Noah the entire time, but he decided to schedule one anyway. I was able to get it the same day, and as an added bonus a little sneak peek at baby girl's face via 3D ultrasound. The print out/scan is not the best, so you have to use your imagination a bit.
She looks a little mad. And, I hate to break it to the little miss, if she thinks it's rough in there wait until she sees what's happening on the outside. They did get a size estimate of about 5 pounds, 2 ounces. To paraphrase my doctor... not huge, but not petite either. I also got another "it's a girl" confirmation.
Noah continues to be completely intrigued with my belly, and I am pretty sure my constant pleas of "quiet hands" and "soft to Momma's belly" are falling on deaf ears. Funny story. I am not one of those pregnant woman who has a belly button that pops out. Instead, it just kind of gets bigger and flatter as my belly grows, which has earned me the label of being a "star belly Sneetch" from Noah. He, of course, is the plain belly sort.



1 comment:
Haha! That last part is so cute. Noah comes up with some pretty clever things!
I need to take a cue from you. My doctor told me he'd be on vacation the week of my due date, and I nearly hyperventilated. Needless to say, a C-section was scheduled for the week before. I am a frantic pregnant girl...I wouldn't want to see what a brand new doctor at the 11th hour would turn me into.
Post a Comment