Friday, May 20, 2011

Five Things Friday 05.20.11 - What's Up With Us

I've been neglecting the blog for no other reason than... I'm tired. Noah has four more days of school, and I have about four more weeks until this baby is born. The long hours on the road are starting to wear on me, and I am looking forward to the break from school. So, what's up with us.

1. What's our current schedule? Monday thru Friday, Noah has school from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM which puts us out the door at around 8:15 AM. After school on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Noah has therapy at 1:00 PM, so after pickup, we usually grab a quick bite for lunch. On Tuesdays, Noah has swim at 1:00 PM. On either Tuesdays or Thursdays in late afternoon, we usually meet up with our friends to play. It's a pretty full week for us, but in a little over a week will get a bit of a summer reprieve.

2. What are we reading? We're still making the rounds through Dr. Seuss books. Right now, Noah loves The Sneetches and The Zax, The Lorax, I Am Not Going to Get Up Today (although I wish he'd take a que from the little boy in the book.  See item 4) and I Can Read With My Eyes Shut. He recites the latter quite often, my favorite is when he says, "what you should do about OWLS on NOSES?

3. What are we listening to? The most played tracks on our iPod is Lolly, Lolly, Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here from Schoolhouse Rock Rocks.  The first time Daddy heard Noah singing it, he had no idea what he was saying... something about Lolly in the Atmosphere.  He also loves Old Pajamas from Justin Roberts, Tonight, Tonight from Hot Chelle Rae.  Momma talked him in to that one.  My favorite is when he sings the verse - "And it kinda looks just like you. Mixed with Zach Galifianakis. Uhh."  The Other Day I Met a Bear from Bare Naked Ladies and The Cadence (aka the "Army Mens" song)  from Toy Story Soundtrack.  Each of these songs he will ask for again and again and again and AGAIN.

4. How are we sleeping? Me. Not great. This belly is definitely hindering my nighttime comfort, and as for Noah... Noah has decided to become a poor sleeper. For the past three nights, he's woken up somewhere between 5:00 and 5:30 am. I hope it's a growth spurt and not the resetting of some internal alarm clock. I'm trying out this Good Nite light. Wish me luck that it catches on.

5. How's the weather? The heat of summer is creeping up on us, but we have been lucky enough to have mild enough temps to still enjoy outside a bit. Parks with friends. Backyard in late afternoon. I even managed to remember to take a couple of pictures.


Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: