Monday, May 23, 2011

Up in the Morning

After several mornings of sleeping in until about 6:30 AM, Noah decided to start our Monday off right with a 5:15 AM wake-up call. When he climbed into our bed, I was too tired to make him go back to his room and "wait for the sun." Remember, the night light. So, instead I asked him if the moon was still out, and he said, "yes."

So, I reminded him that he was supposed to stay in his bed until the sun came out. But, he could stay in our bed as long as he has quiet mouth. Well, he didn't keep quiet, so we were all up around 6:00 AM. Seriously, how hard is it to work on consistent parenting that early in the morning?!?

So, when we finally made it back to his room about 6:30 AM, Noah immediately noticed the night light shining like the sun.

He looked at me and said, "It's working!"

Yes, sweet boy, it is. I'm not quite sure he's grasping the concept. Oh well, afternoon naps it is then.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: