Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello. My Name Is...

This morning we met up with a few friends at a local splash pad. There were several others kids besides ours there, and Noah was having a blast running around all the spray and kids. At one point, he was kneeling near one of the spouts watching and narrating the water coming out. A little boy came up to Noah. I was sitting a bit away, so I couldn't quite understand what the boy was saying to Noah. He seemed friendly enough, but then he started tapping Noah on the head, repeatedly. One of my friends I was with got up to intervene for me (so nice), but I told her to wait. I finally understand that the little boy was just asking Noah his name... repeatedly. Finally, Noah looked up at him, and with a hand to his chest said, "My name is Noah. What's your name?" The little boy answered, and Noah went about his business again. The boy tried a bit more to talk to Noah, but finally moved on. I was so glad I decided not to step in, and Noah got a chance to try out a little social interaction. Great job, sweet boy! Momma is so proud!

No comments: