Guess who is already one week old?!? This first week has passed a bit in a blur of sleepless nights, stolen naps, and multiple hours of getting reacquainted with my Boppy pillow. Emma is still spending a large amount of time asleep except for the witching hours somewhere between the hours of 10PM and 2AM. It is what it is though, and I am able to squeeze in a few hours of sleep during the day. She is nursing like a champ, and so far seems to have a pretty good temperament. Her eyes are big and brown and her hair (which I'm hoping doesn't fall out like Noah's) is so straight and dark. Although, she popped out bearing a strong resemblance to me, she is beginning to look a bit more like Noah did as an infant.
She had her first pediatrician appointment on Monday. It went pretty well. They rechecked her billirubin levels, since she was a bit jaundice in the hospital and had to spend a night under the lamps. The pedi commented on what a healthy baby she was, She weighed in at 7 pounds, 9.5 ounces (45%). She measured 21 inches (90%), and her head circumference was 12.8 inches (4%). The head circumference makes me laugh because Noah had a small head too. I remember his pedi telling me, "they don't give a prize for having the biggest head." What can I say? My babies have tiny heads.
Noah has adapted pretty well. My mom is here and has been a big help, and Dean has taken a couple days off of work. Noah's acted out a bit, but honestly, I think it's more do to the abrupt halt of our normally busy schedule than the fact that Emma has arrived. He runs into our bedroom in the morning looking for her, and he is pretty adamant that wherever Momma is, Emma should be too. I hear a lot of "where's Baby Emma?" I have a strong feeling that we have a really great big brother in the making.
4 comments:
That last picture is just adorable! I'm nervous about Jackson's reaction to all of the changes coming our way. Hell, I'm nervous about *MY* reaction!!!! ;)
I'm glad you have some extra hands helping out. Emma is beautiful! I love when newborns come with a head full of hair! Thanks so much for the update. You guys have been in my thoughts.
Thanks Amy! Noah's been handling it pretty well. Doesn't seem too bothered by it. I have to say, so far so good with number two. I think having one totally rocked my world, and I am SO much better prepared this time!
she's stunning Sarah!! Congratulations to you all - and best wishes on your new journey together!! Thinking of you guys!!
Love the last picture of Noah and Emma...think about y'all all the time. Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment