I am not a fan of the umbilical cord. It kind of freaks me out. I can't really explain it only that I do remember my Ma Ma Ellen sharing the story of my Uncle Ronnie's get pulled off too soon or something. I've obviously blocked out the details, but I do remember something about gushing blood and a frantic call to the pediatrician. Suffice it to say, the story stuck, and I am anxiously counting the days until Emma's falls off.
When Noah was born I seriously didn't change a diaper until it fell off on day 15. And, luckily, I got so much first momma sympathy from my husband and my mother that I easily let me slide on the shirking of this parenting duty. Not so much this time around. And, while I do handle diaper duty the majority of the time, and I have been very willing to pass along Em's nightly bath to any able body around... at least until that icky stump is gone. Seriously, it's day 17... why have you not fallen off yet?
First sponge bath given by Grammy. Not a huge fan.
Bath time with Daddy.
Aunt Mo here for a visit. How about a bath?
1 comment:
OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is the most adorable little thing! That last picture is just too much cuteness!
I have MAJOR anxiety over the "stump." The first time around, Jackson was in the NICU, and for the first couple of weeks, we weren't allowed to hold him very much. All diaper changes and baths were handled by the professionals. I can honestly say I have NO IDEA what to do with that thing!
Here's to hoping today is the day that mysterious little thing bids sweet Emma bye-bye;)
Post a Comment